A lot of planning goes into your big day.
Here you’ll find some handy information and links.

Giving notice

Before you may marry, the law requires that you sign and lodge with me the Notice of Intended Marriage. This form must be submitted to me a minimum of one calendar month and one day prior to the wedding. You can submit your Notice in person, via fax or mail, but you must bring the original Notice with you when you meet with me. The NOIM form will remain active for 18 calendar months from the date of submission. You can download the form below for your convenience.

Download Notice of Intended Marriage form

Legal requirements


You must be over 18 years of age to marry in Australia.


If you are Australian born you must show your birth certificate in English. If born outside Australia you are required to show your birth certificate or passport from your country of birth.


If either of you have previously been married you will have to produce your Divorce Decree Absolute papers and/or if either of your spouses are deceased, you must produce the Death Certificate


On the day of your marriage you must have two witnesses over the age of 18.

Need help? If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Enquire now